Quaker meeting house uxbridge ontario
Welcome to Uxbridge Quaker Meeting House
     

Home

Order Of Service

Announcements

General Information

History of The Building

The Society of Friends

Helpful Links

Contact Us

Maps

General Information

The Friends' Meeting House of Quaker Hill, Uxbridge, was the first place of worship built in Uxbridge Township, and was built in 1809 by the Society of Friends. The present Meeting House was built in 1820 by a group of Quakers headed by Ezekiel James. The timber used was hand-hewn and is in good repair today, a monument to the devotion of those early settlers who first located in Uxbridge Township

Regular services and Sunday School were carried on in The Friends' Meeting house until the 1920's. Since then an Annual Remembrance Service is held on the second Sunday in June at 2:30 p.m. All and everyone is invited

 

The Meeting House will be open to the public the first Sunday of each month, from:
June to September from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

This year (2017) the dates are June 4th., July 2nd., August 6th., and September 3rd.

Also, we will be open on:
August 19th, and August 20th,
to coincide with the Uxbridge Scott Museum's Heritage Days weekend.

The Museum has a key for special visits.
Visits by large groups can be arranged by calling:
905-640-2578 or 905-852-3476

Weddings
Weddings are welcomed at the Meeting House, but conditions are primitive with no hydro or running water. There is no charge for weddings, however we have always received a generous donation towards the upkeep.